Shakespeare still Leicester boss LEICESTER, England (AP): Craig Shakespeare will remain in charge of Leicester City until the end of the season, tasked with keeping the ailing champions in the English Premier League following Claudio Ranieri’s firing. Shakespeare has won both league games since being promoted from assistant coach last month, steering Leicester three points clear of the relegation zone. Ranieri was dismissed despite delivering the title last season in one of the biggest upsets witnessed in sports. Wei wins 4th All England title BIRMINGHAM, England (AP): Top-ranked Lee Chong Wei won his fourth All England Open crown on Sunday and changed his mind about it being his 13th and last visit to badminton’s oldest championship. After swatting aside first-time finalist Shi Yuqi of China 21-12, 21-10, Chong Wei said he will return to defend the title of his favorite tournament. “Every year I come here, I feel like I am playing at home,” the Malaysian said. “I will definitely come back next year.” Aldridge out with heart arrhythmia SAN ANTONIO, Texas (AP): San Antonio Spurs forward LaMarcus Aldridge will be out indefinitely due to a minor heart arrhythmia, the latest occurrence of heart issues for the five-time All-Star. Coach Gregg Popovich said Aldridge informed the team “he felt a little odd” during San Antonio’s 112-102 loss at Oklahoma City on Thursday, leading to the diagnosis.
Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Participants of the just ended 18th annual retreat of the St. Matthew Lutheran Youth Fellowship held at the ELWA Camp in PaynesvilleAs part of its annual calendar of events, the St. Matthew Lutheran Youth Fellowship on Sunday climaxed its 18th annual retreat at the ELWA Camp in Paynesville.The five-day retreat from September 6 to 10 under the theme, “Stay Connected with the True Vine,” (John 15:5) sought to guide young people who want to serve as Christ’s ambassadors in their communities. It was used to evaluate and pass resolutions that will better prepare the fellowship over the next year.The 60 participants from 10 Lutheran congregations were encouraged to make use of the opportunity they have to share God’s word and serve as examples to others.Jonathan Enders, the lecturer for the first session, said young people in other countries do not have the opportunities that the youth in Liberia have. He urged them to make the right choice of staying connected with Jesus Christ.Following the retreat, the president of the fellowship, Jeremiah Wukolo Kollie, thanked members of the congregation and the leadership of various preaching points for successfully contributing to the hosting of the event.He also called on fellow Lutherans to remain focused during the upcoming elections and shun electoral-related violence by not allowing themselves to be used by politicians.In a related development, the Monrovia District Youth Fellowship will on Sunday, September 17, launch its Cabins Project expected to be implemented in Camp KP in Haindii, Bong County.The objective of the cabins project is to provide accommodation for members of the fellowship during its annual retreat and summer camps and is expected to host at least 50 occupants in each.Jeromeh Jallah, Monrovia District Lutheran Youth Fellowship president, said the launch will be held at the St. Peters Lutheran Church in Sinkor, where it is expected to raise US$13,000.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Timelines and dates for submissions for two court case involving the current Attorney General, Basil Williams SC, and his predecessor, Anil Nandlall have been set by acting Chief Justice Roxane George, SC. The cases which garnered much attention are the Cheddi Jagan Research Centre Inc (CJRC), challenging the State’s decision to revoke the Red House lease and three more West Coast Berbice (WCB) rice farmers who are challenging President David Granger’sThe Red Houserevocation of their Mahaica-Mahaicony-Abary Agricultural Development Authority- Agricultural Development Authority (MMA-ADA) rice lands.Guyana Times understands that for the Red House matter, both sides are expected to submit written submissions by May 7 after which, they will meet in court on May 16 for clarifications. For the MMA-ADA matter, this newspaper was told that AG Williams was granted leave to file an affidavit in defence to the challenge, after which Nandall will be able to reply, if necessary. This matter is expected to continue in May.It was following the successful challenges of six sets of applicants against the MMA-ADA revocations that three more farmers mounted similar action in the High Court. Fariel Johnson, Doreen Monah and Sharon Solomon, through their attorney, Nandlall, are challenging the compulsorily acquisition of their lease “without the prompt payment of any or adequate compensation”. The applicants are further seeking the court to declare that the cancellation of the said Lease is “contrary to and in violation of Article 142 of the Constitution of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, is unlawful, null, void and of no effect.”Apart from seeking court costs, the farmers are also asking for damages in excess of one million dollars ($1,000,000) for “breach of the Applicant’s fundamental rights and freedoms as guaranteed to her by Articles 142 and 153 of Guyana’s Constitution.It was in August 2017 that the acting Chief Justice had ruled in favour of Joylyn, Gratien and Herman Nicholson; Tiffany Hubbard and Vaughn Aaron and Brian George ruled that their leases constitute property under Article 142 of the Constitution, and the President’s revocation of those leases amounted to depriving the applicants of property without compensating them. Justice George in December 2017 ruled similarly for three additional farmers: Phillip Johnson, Rupert Blackman and Rawle Miller. The six sets of farmers were each awarded $300,000 in court costs by Justice George.Meanwhile, it was December 2016 that President David Granger gave the occupants of the CJRC 48 hours to clear the premises but the move was halted via court action. Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo had labelled the President’s decision to revoke the lease as “unconscionable and vindictive”.
KILCAR GAA CLUB NEWS: Our Seniors bowed out of the championship at the quarter final stage on Sunday last following a one point defeat to Glenswilly well done to everyone involved. You gave us a great deal of entertainment all year, but this is one that got away.The under 21s play Dungloe this Saturday in the championship quarter finals in Ardara throw in is at 6pm, best of luck to the lads.The under 16s defeated Na Rossa by one point to take them to the next stage of the championship there is no further fixture details yet. The under 13 played Dungloe last sat and were defeated on a score line of 3-07 to 1-02, the boys play Ardara this Saturday 21st at 12 noon in Towney.Congratulations to Paddy Cassidy from Teelin who won the Bingo Jackpot of €3,650. Other bingo winners were Marie Mc Shane , Marie Cunningham, Bella Cunningham, Connie McGinley, Margaret Mc Ginley and Marie Gillespie. Jackpot next week will be €1,000 on 48 numbers.Lotto numbers this week were 9, 17, 18, 24 and lotto plus 2, 3, 4, 17. There was no winner; consolation prizes went to Barry Campbell, Shannon Molloy and Richard Rafferty. Jackpot next week will be €1,900. GAA NEWS: TEELIN MAN PADDY SCOOPS KILCAR GAA BINGO JACKPOT was last modified: September 17th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Bingo JackpotKilcar GAA Club
2 The tribute plans have split opinion, with some saying Rooney deserves his England farewell while others have questioned the FA’s motives.And Seaman does not agree with Rooney’s Three Lions return, with the former number one telling the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast it ‘doesn’t sit right’ with him.“We should have having a look at the younger players, not people like Rooney,” he added.“It’s not right that England are doing that. It doesn’t sit right with me.“Wayne has done his stuff, he’s done really well for England, but how can you make a full England game like a charity game?” David Seaman has blasted the Football Association over their Wayne Rooney send-off plans and says the striker MUST start in England’s friendly against the United States.The upcoming game against the USA at Wembley Stadium has been called ‘The Wayne Rooney Foundation international’, with the 33-year-old due to come out of international retirement to make his 120th Three Lions appearance in tribute to the country’s record goalscorer and his charity. ‘Rooney should START against the USA if he is going to feature in the game!”It’s not right that England are doing this’🗣️ @TheDavidSeaman slams The FA’s decision to recall @WayneRooney to Gareth Southgate’s squad for a final appearance.Agree with David? 🤔 pic.twitter.com/LzWpxXpMx5— The Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast (@SportsBreakfast) November 7, 2018 David Seaman says Wayne Rooney must start in his farewell game at Wembley However, it has since been revealed that not all the money raised from the match will go to his foundation.And it has now been claimed Rooney will only be given a short second-half cameo to mark his final England appearance.It had been suggested the striker was expecting to captain England one last time and start the game, but recent reports say it is more likely he will only come on as a late substitute at Wembley.But Seaman has told talkSPORT: “If he’s going to take part, I think he should start.“If you’re going to do all this, start him and then take him off. Let him get the applause and then carry on developing the England team.“That’s what a friendly game should be about, the regulars have a bit of a break and let’s see what the other guys do.” 2
15 October 2014A consignment of crystal meth (known as tik in local slang) weighing 200kg has been seized at South Africa’s OR Tambo International Airport.In a statement on Tuesday, the South African Revenue Service (SARS) said its customs team at the airport made the discovery when they identified two separate consignments that had arrived in Johannesburg from Benin for further checks. The find was the biggest ever seizure of tik by SARS.“This was as a result of an increase in attempted drug shipments from Benin. The shipments had been declared as containing prop shafts. As the team began the examinations, their narcotics detector dogs Angel and Bastian reacted positively,’ said SARS.On further investigation and with the use of an angle grinder, a sugar-like substance was found concealed inside the prop shafts.The substance was confirmed as tik, with a value of over R59-million ($5.3-million). The drugs have been handed over to the South African Police Service for further investigation.In June this year, South African police confiscated some 10 tons of heroin worth over R3-billion (US$280-million) in Kloof, in KwaZulu-Natal, in the country’s biggest drug bust to date.Source: SAnews.gov
2012 was a weirdly quiet year for gaming. With aging consoles, there was a predictable trend toward buying blockbuster titles and some expansion in digital sales.Tablet gaming is still mostly Angry Birds, the big titles are incremental improvements – nothing earth-shattering. And E3 was pretty dull, too.2013 promises to be more interesting. It will still be a transitional year for the industry, but those transitions will come faster and be a lot more obvious. Here’s what to look for: 9 Books That Make Perfect Gifts for Industry Ex… Tags:#gaming#predictions Related Posts cormac foster 1. Sony Will Continue To FlounderNintendo’s 3DS outsold the Playstation Vita 46-to-1 from November 5 to November 11. One more time: 46-to-1.There are plenty of reasons for that (the game catalog being the biggest), but the upshot is that Nintendo is crushing Sony in an already-brutal handheld market. Sony’s PS3 lineup isn’t doing much better, failing to generate any mojo in its later years.The PS4 is still far, far away, and despite a predicted return to profitability, Sony as a whole is still in pretty rough shape. Beyond the usual franchise previews at E3 and some teasers about the PS4, don’t expect to hear a lot from Sony next year. 2013 is about regrouping for one last big shot.2. Free-to-Play (F2P) – And Some High-Profile FailuresThe trend of Free-to-Play games is inevitable, but it’s going to force developers to think – and build – differently. The frontloaded revenue of unit sales allows developers to go nuts in ways that Free-to-Play doesn’t. That’s fine for an indie shop building a small game and trying to make money on in-game sales, but the AAA publishers used to gorgeous cutscenes, pristine graphics and endless hours of linear content available at launch could find themselves in a bind. Creating Call of Duty isn’t cheap.It’s guaranteed that someone will fail to learn from the Star Wars: The Old Republic flop (and that was with retail sales) and will overbuild a F2P ghost town.The good side is that, by the end of the year, we’ll see a renewed focus on storytelling, with nonlinear narratives that encourage multiplayer cooperation and replay – the kinds of behavior that forgive corner-cutting elsewhere and ultimately lead to the in-game purchases the F2P model requires. 3. The Ouya Changes Everything, Even If It FizzlesThe Ouya, Kickstarter’s darling, will launch on schedule, with a host of titles, a great price point and a ton of fan support. While the GameStop, in the short term.4. The Resale Market Lives Another YearDigital downloads are already having an effect on the market for used games, but with no new XBox or Playstation on the horizon, there will still be plenty of low-cost playthrough on existing systems. That means a lot of swapping through back catalogs and playing the games you missed the first time around. That’s good news for a banged-up GameStop, in the short term at least.5. Augmented Reality Takes OffBack in 2009, ReadWrite readers already knew Augmented Reality would be a big deal. Sony’s Wonderbook was an interesting (if limited) foray into AR gaming in 2012, but the real push will be on the mobile side. 2012’s AR Defender 2 (trailer video below) was a cool new take on tower defense, but 2013 will be focused on getting us outdoors.Plan to see a slew of location-based mobile games like Ingress that also add full AR via smartphone cameras. Primitive-but-cool combat and cooperative mechanics will show up, as well. Just don’t step into traffic while you’re playing, and look out for the cops. 4 Keys to a Kid-Safe App 5 Outdoor Activities for Beating Office Burnout 12 Unique Gifts for the Hard-to-Shop-for People…
Lucknow is justly renowned for its princely fare, but its street food in the lanes of Aminabad, Hazratganj and Chowk is as unique. Related Items