Share X-ray showing lung cancerThe number of people being diagnosed with cancer in the world each year has leaped to more than 14 million, the World Health Organization says.The data for 2012 shows a marked rise on the 12.7 million cases in 2008.In that time the number of deaths has also increased, from 7.6 million to 8.2 million.The rising burden of cancer is being driven by a rapid shift in lifestyles in the developing world to more closely reflect industrialised countries.Rising rates of smoking and obesity as well as people living longer are contributing to the rise.Lung cancer, which is mainly caused by smoking, was the most common cancer globally, with 1.8 million cases – about 13% of the total.The WHO also described a “sharp rise” in cases of breast cancer. Both the incidence and mortality have increased since 2008. The disease in now the most common cancer in women in 140 countries.Dr David Forman, from the WHO’s International Agency for Research on Cancer, said: “Breast cancer is also a leading cause of cancer death in the less developed countries of the world.“This is partly because a shift in lifestyles is causing an increase in incidence, and partly because clinical advances to combat the disease are not reaching women living in these regions.”The WHO said there was an “urgent need” for the advances made in detection, diagnoses and treatment of breast cancer to be implemented in developing nations.The WHO predicts the number of cancer cases will soar to more than 19 million a year by 2025.BBC News 18 Views no discussions Share Sharing is caring! HealthLifestyle Global cancer cases reach 14 million by: – December 12, 2013 Tweet Share
10 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! Share Tweet Photo credit: dlt90s.comThe search for missing four year Nicoli Joseph of Layou who went missing last week is still ongoing.Police Public Relations Officer Inspector Claude Weekes reports that there has been no new development relating his whereabouts.“There is no new development with respect to four year old Nicoli Joseph. Last week Thursday, somewhere about five in the afternoon he went to the Layou River. Of course, his house is close enough to the river and it would appear that he was unsupervised and when the mother wasn’t seeing him she raised the alarm” Weekes said.Inspector Weekes also reports that there has been a search ongoing including villagers and the Police Coast Guard, however the boy has not yet been found.“The Police Coast Guard and other police personnel including a few of the villagers, the fishermen they went diving and have been looking all around but as I speak with you the four year old has not been found.”The search for the Nicoli continues as the Police Department continues their investigations into this matter.Dominica Vibes News LocalNews Search still ongoing for missing four year old by: – July 19, 2011 Share Share
RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (ACN) — The Political Council of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our Americas (ALBA) has requested the immediate expulsion from all ALBA nations of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) citing activities contrary to the sovereignty and political stability of these countries. A communiqué to this effect, issued on June 21, was signed by the governments of Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Dominica, Nicaragua and Venezuela.The official ALBA communiqué published by Granma newspaper, said that the foreign ministers of ALBA met in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and resolved to request, from the heads of state and government of the ALBA nations, the immediate expulsion from their countries of USAID, its representatives or delegates, asserting their presence and activities were a disruptive factor against the sovereignty and political stability of ALBA countries.The document explained that the decision was taken after considering what was described as the open interference with the ALBA countries’ domestic policy by USAID, which, under the pretext of “planning and managing US economic and humanitarian assistance in the world, funds non-government organizations, actions and projects aimed at destabilizing legitimate governments, which do not respond to its interests.”The communiqué added that the decision also took into account, the analysis of evidence contributed by declassified US State Department documents revealing the funding of opposition political organizations in ALBA countries, in clear and open interference with internal political processes in each nation.The foreign ministers also said that the ALBA countries do not need USAID funding to sustain their democracies, which are consolidated with Latin American and Caribbean nations. The ALBA countries said they do not need any organization that performs under the tutelage of foreign powers, which in reality only usurps and weakens the action of state agencies by preventing them from playing their role in their countries’ economic and social development.Caribbean News Now Tweet Sharing is caring! LocalNews Dominica joins other ALBA countries in requesting immediate expulsion of USAID by: – June 23, 2012 30 Views 5 comments Share Share Share
Hill-Rom’s over the road truck drivers have had zero non-preventable accidents this winter.This winter has not been kind for drivers locally and across the nation. It isn’t an easy chore to navigate an 18-wheeler on slick roads either.Although the over the road drivers of Hill-Rom have dealt with difficult driving conditions throughout North America, there have been zero non-preventable accidents this winter.It is quite an accomplishment considering the fleet of 45 drivers routinely deliver company product in nearly every U.S. state, and travel as far north as British Columbia, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.“They’ve done a great job this year considering the winter that we’re having,” said John Vogelsang, distribution manager for Hill-Rom in Batesville. “It’s not just here in the region but everywhere.”“Overall, these guys have done a very very good job considering the conditions we have encountered this winter.”
“I remember there were a lot of discussions about signing a professional contract because at that time I was still at school,” he recalled to chelseafc.com. “A lot of the boys were full-time so they were at Chelsea the whole time but I was still at school and travelling in by train two days a week. “All the boys were offered their pro contract and I was like ‘I haven’t been offered mine yet!’ My parents told me to be patient and I was one of the last people to get it but I was honoured. I had to finish school first but from there I just moved up.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted ContentThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterGreatest Movies In History Since 1982A Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks10 Amazing Characters We Wish Were Official Disney PrincessesWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?20 Amazing Facts About The Daenerys Of The House Of TargaryenCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way9 Best Movie Robots Of All TimeBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made Chelsea ace, Tammy Abraham, has revealed he didn’t sign pro terms until later than the rest of his junior teammates. Unlike many of his peers, he chose not to join the Academy’s full-time school on-site at the training ground but his potential was never in doubt by the coaching staff he worked with, even if he did take a little longer than others to sign professional terms. read also:Nigerians who have won FA Cup: Saka, Abraham set to join Kanu, Utaka, othersAdvertisement
“We will be better. This is our first game. We’ve got two players making their debuts tonight. We showed a lot of good stuff. It wasn’t where we want to be in the end. We will improve for Liverpool but the first game of the season is about getting a win when you come to a place like Brighton and we did a lot of good things to get that.” Lampard, who was without Christian Pulisic after the winger picked up a minor knock in training, was hopeful that Werner will be fit for Liverpool after the striker went off with a sore knee. “I know the quality he is going to bring to the team,” he said. “We saw that with the speed to get the penalty. Timo took a knock when he won the penalty. It’s more of a dead leg we hope.” Graham Potter, Brighton’s manager, was disappointed not to earn a point after a spirited display. “I thought we played overall and matched Chelsea quite well,” he said. “It’s disappointing to concede three goals.” Chelsea are expected to send their young midfielder Conor Gallagher on loan to West Brom. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Frank Lampard insisted that he remains “very happy” with Kepa Arrizabalaga despite the goalkeeper conceding a poor goal as Chelsea opened their Premier League campaign with a hard‑fought 3-1 victory against Brighton on Monday night. Arrizabalaga was at fault when Leandro Trossard equalised for Brighton with a long-range effort and the £71.6m Spaniard could struggle to keep his place in the side once Chelsea finalise the signing of Edouard Mendy from Rennes. However, Lampard, who gave debuts in attack to Kai Havertz and Timo Werner, refused to criticise the former Athletic Bilbao player after his latest error. “I am very happy with Kepa,” the Chelsea manager said. “With the shot I’m not sure if he could’ve done any better. But I saw a bit more confidence in how he was playing. Kepa is here, he’s our keeper and I’m happy with him. If we are bringing in a competition, it will be competition. That’s the nature of Chelsea and it goes throughout the squad.” Chelsea had led through Jorginho’s penalty, which Werner won, and they recovered from Trossard’s goal thanks to strikes from Reece James and Kurt Zouma. They lacked fluency at times but Lampard, who has spent more than £200m this summer, promised his team will raise their game when Liverpool visit Stamford Bridge on Sunday. read also:Lampard hits back at Klopp over Chelsea spending jibeAdvertisement Loading… Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemDazzling Wedding Looks From Different Countries In The WorldWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Can Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?Why Do So Many Digital Assistants Have Feminine Names & Voices?Who Earns More Than Ronaldo?6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits Earth8 Fascinating Facts About Coffee7 Worst Things To Do To Your Phone
West Ham gave their European ambitions a timely boost as a superb second-half display saw the Hammers thrash struggling Hull 3-0 at Upton Park. West Ham were dreaming of the Champions League when they sat fourth in the middle of December but four league games without a win, including draws against West Brom and Swansea, had dampened expectations. This victory, however, puts the Hammers back in touch with the top four and was particularly important given their next seven fixtures include Liverpool, Manchester United, Southampton, Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal. Kevin Nolan’s return was the only change to the West Ham side that played 120 minutes before beating Everton on penalties on Tuesday and it showed, as the hosts were sluggish throughout the first half. Hull’s Sone Aluko proved a menace for the Hammers’ back four with his speedy runs in behind and the visitors should have been ahead early on when his cut-back found Ahmed Elmohamady free in the area, but the Egyptian dragged wide. Aaron Cresswell saw a long-range shot swerve narrowly wide of the post and James Tomkins headed over from a corner but otherwise West Ham’s first-half display was riddled with mistakes and mishit passes. Hull should have capitalised. In the 24th minute, Aluko’s latest spin around Tomkins put the striker in on goal but he took too long and allowed Collins to block the finish. Moments later, the Nigerian was in again and fed Jake Livermore in the box, but the midfielder failed to find Elmohamady, who was free outside him, and West Ham emerged unscathed. Enner Valencia saw his back-post header loop over Allan McGregor and drop onto the crossbar at the end of the first period but that was not enough to spare the home side from a smattering of boos at the half-time whistle. The Hammers came out with renewed vigour after the break and should have scored when Downing pulled back for Nolan but the midfielder fired his half-volley over. In the 49th minute, however, West Ham did take the lead. Valencia unleashed a stinging shot from 25 yards and as Tigers goalkeeper Allan McGregor parried, Carroll outmuscled Curtis Davies to prod home his fifth goal of the season. Having already made two substitutes, Bruce threw 21-year-old defender Harry Maguire up front with half an hour to play but Hull never really troubled their opponents. Instead, it was the home side who looked the more threatening and in the 69th minute so it proved as Valencia slid in Amalfitano and the midfielder coolly dinked the ball over McGregror to double West Ham’s lead. Three minutes later they made it three. Alex Song released Downing with a brilliant through ball and the winger held his nerve, tucking home his fifth goal of the campaign. Hull were on the ropes and West Ham could have had a fourth late on. Downing’s clipped ball released Nolan, but the midfielder hit the crossbar from a tight angle and Carroll also went close but the Hammers had to settle for three goals and another valuable three points. Press Association Sam Allardyce’s side were booed off at half-time after a dismal opening period but Hull paid the price for some lacklustre finishing as Andy Carroll, Morgan Amalfitano and Stewart Downing all found the net after the interval. The result sees West Ham climb above Liverpool into seventh and puts more pressure on Hull manager Steve Bruce, who has now overseen just two wins in 15 Barclays Premier League games.
There’s an empty seat in today’s U.S. House hearing on Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s final report.The DOJ says Barr is skipping the hearing because of plans to have committee staffers question Barr, which the department called inappropriate, unnecessary and unprecedented.House Democrat Brings Toy Chicken and KFC Bucket to Hearing to Mock Barr’s No-Show https://t.co/CTDpTPH2aE pic.twitter.com/pYgqhycFwu— Mediaite (@Mediaite) May 2, 2019 The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee is threatening to hold Attorney General William Barr in contempt. Opening a brief hearing today, New York Democrat Jerry Nadler slammed Barr for refusing to testify about Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s final report. Barr cited an ongoing dispute with House Democrats over the format of the scheduled hearing.Dems wanted staff lawyers to question Barr, along with House members.Nadler said the Trump administration will not dictate how the House runs its hearings. Nadler called Barr’s refusal to testify an act of obstruction. Georgia Republican Doug Collins said the only problem is with Democrats. He accused Dems of running a political circus and also called the dispute with Barr a stunt. Collins noted that Barr fielded hours of questions during a Senate hearing yesterday.
Like he did in the ’60s, Noel Paul Stookey sings out in troubling times – December 27, 2017 GSA surges in 4th to win Northern Maine title – February 26, 2017 The Golden Bucks continued their winning ways on Monday, downing the Central Red Devils 7-2 in Bucksport.Jake Gauvin doubled and singled twice, driving in two runs; Dylan Soper had three singles with an RBI; and Asher Bowden drove in a run for the Golden Bucks.Find in-depth coverage of local news in The Ellsworth American. Subscribe digitally or in print. Latest posts by Hugh Bowden (see all) Is this the kind of government we deserve? – July 10, 2017 This is placeholder textThis is placeholder text Hugh BowdenExecutive EditorHugh writes editorials, covers Hancock County sports and helps out where needed in The American’s editorial department. When he’s not on the sidelines, he enjoys playing jazz and tennis. email@example.com Bio Latest Posts
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Having won many a battle for India on the cricket field, the hit opening pair of Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir will now be padding up together off the field after being named in the newly formed Cricket Committee of Delhi & Districts Cricket Association (DDCA).Sehwag and Gambhir will be joined by their one time teammates Aakash Chopra and Rahul Sanghvi as they would chalk out the roadmap for Delhi cricket along with powers to select coaches, selectors and other issues related to the game.While DDCA president Rajat Sharma in a press release stated that the appointments have been done as per Lodha Committee recommendations, the powers and scope of the committee has again given rise to questions on Conflict of Interest.Some of the questions being asked are how can Gambhir being an active cricketer have a say in selection of selectors, who will in turn select him?Gambhir, incidentally, was government representative in DDCA last year, a move that was stalled by former administrator Justice Vikramajeet Sen.Once Sharma faction came to power it was known that Gambhir would be given an important position.Sehwag has a cricket academy and is also an expert on India TV, the channel owned by the DDCA president himself.Sanghvi is associated with IPL franchise Mumbai Indians while Aakash is an expert on various news channels.The last two are now settled in Mumbai.DDCA secretary Vinod Tihara admitted that this is a practical issue but for them paramount was having the top names in Delhi cricket on board.Asked if the committee will be honorary or get remuneration, Tihara told PTI: “We haven’t decided on that part but Gautam will be a special invitee.”When further asked if he would have a say in selection of selectors and coach, Tihara replied: “Of course he would have a role. I understand your question on Conflict of Interest but if we strictly follow Lodha recommendations, we won’t get quality people on cricket committee.“For us it was important that we form a panel that has eminence and knowledge. This panel has both. If we start nitpicking, we will not get good enough people,” Tihara maintained.