Search still ongoing for missing four year old

first_img 10 Views   no discussions Sharing is caring! Share Tweet Photo credit: dlt90s.comThe search for missing four year Nicoli Joseph of Layou who went missing last week is still ongoing.Police Public Relations Officer Inspector Claude Weekes reports that there has been no new development relating his whereabouts.“There is no new development with respect to four year old Nicoli Joseph. Last week Thursday, somewhere about five in the afternoon he went to the Layou River. Of course, his house is close enough to the river and it would appear that he was unsupervised and when the mother wasn’t seeing him she raised the alarm” Weekes said.Inspector Weekes also reports that there has been a search ongoing including villagers and the Police Coast Guard, however the boy has not yet been found.“The Police Coast Guard and other police personnel including a few of the villagers, the fishermen they went diving and have been looking all around but as I speak with you the four year old has not been found.”The search for the Nicoli continues as the Police Department continues their investigations into this matter.Dominica Vibes Newscenter_img LocalNews Search still ongoing for missing four year old by: – July 19, 2011 Share Sharelast_img read more

Tokyo Olympics should be called off

first_img(REUTERS) – THE Tokyo Olympics should be called off to spare athletes the “stress” of trying to train in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic, UK Athletics chairman Nic Coward said yesterday.During the week, International Olympic Committee (IOC) and Tokyo 2020 organisers insisted the Games will proceed as planned, Coward became the highest-profile UK sports administrator to say the Olympics could not go ahead.Four months before the event is due to start, global sport has been brought to a standstill by the virus which has infected more than 250 000 persons worldwide and killed more than 10 500 – including 184 in Britain as of yesterday.Most Olympic athletes in Britain have found training facilities closed and are being advised to avoid going out.When asked whether it was now time to call off the Games in an interview with the Daily Telegraph, Coward said: “Yeah, it seems to be absolutely what has to happen.“And look, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that these very personal (athlete) experiences take time to come through to the IOC level. I can understand that.“But as governments take action to protect their people – which includes closing down facilities on which athletes and para-athletes rely – and as that message is coming through more clearly now… I mean, we’re only a week in this country.”British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Thursday that he believed that the virus could be beaten in 12 weeks, but Coward said that time scale would make it impossible for team members to prepare for the Olympics which starts in July.“I would never be so grand as to demand x, y or z. All I would say from a UK perspective, knowing what we know now, even since the Prime Minister’s announcement on Tuesday evening (about avoiding mass gatherings and social contact), we thought the facilities would be able to remain open,” he said.“Now they can’t. They are closing. And that is creating stress. From my perspective, right now, I think that will have to lead to the conclusion that the Games must be (postponed); that the decision has to be made that the Olympic and Paralympic Games can’t take place as currently scheduled.”last_img read more